Tonight I watched the 1980 biopic, The Secret of Nikola Tesla. Production values were poor, but I was nonetheless inspired. Here’s what I felt Tesla saying to me on this, his 156th birthday.
- You can speak to departed geniuses. If they talk back, treasure their advice.
- Follow your dream, do your best work, and these will make a way for you.
- Don’t compromise what you know to be true, even if no one else agrees.
- Screw the good old boy network. Those a-holes will be gone tomorrow.
- Do honest work that enables you to remain true to yourself, even if you have to dig ditches.
- Your greatest insights will come from higher consciousness, providing the missing pieces to your puzzle just when you need them.
- Don’t let the small-minded and those steeped in conventional knowledge sway you from pursuing your vision.
- If it’s good for humanity, it’s good enough to pursue.
- Advancement doesn’t come without risk.
- When you stick to your principles, you’ll meet the right people and money will come in.
- Believe in yourself, name your price, and don’t compromise.
- “You’ve got to be rich, so you can be free and independent.” —Told to him by George Westinghouse. But Tesla cared only for his vision and his work.
Happy birthday, Mr. Tesla. You’re my kind of genius!
“The future will show whether my foresight is as accurate now as it has proved heretofore.”–Nikola Tesla