I hope it’s not too late to set some goals for the new year. It took me the month of January to get clear on some of them, but here’s what I’m shooting for in 2021.
- I will master the art of storytelling. I will continue to study and apply what I learn to my writing process until I’m able to plan, plot, and write captivating stories with ease.
- I will generate ideas and turn them into stories, writing prolifically. I will write story after story, mining my idea folder and #StoryStarter ideas I’ve posted on Twitter.
- I will write faster. Having planned and plotted stories beforehand, I will be able to write them at least 2500 words per hour.
- I will write to market each chance I get. Having mastered the art of storytelling and writing much and more quickly, I will write stories for open calls to increase my chances of getting published (instead of writing only my ideas and trying to place them offhand in markets).
- I will write flash fiction. I will turn poems I’ve written into flash pieces or short stories.
- I will develop and write a self-editing text, reading and compiling source notes, outlining, and writing chapters until I’m finished. I will submit a proposal to a publishing company.
- I will revamp my backlist so that I win steady sales. This will include creating new covers for my one-off short stories and shorter collections.
- I will learn how to market books on Amazon, including placing ads.
- I will read a book on writing craft monthly. I will continue my writing studies, reading at least one craft text each month.
- I will redesign my website and launch it. Leeallenhoward.com needs a facelift! Stay tuned.
I plan to make progress on all these goals in 2021. Have you set goals for the new year? What would you like to accomplish? Perhaps more reading? 🙂