April 26, 2013
Gearing Up for the Release of DEATH PERCEPTION
I’m so excited about the release of my latest supernatural thriller, DEATH PERCEPTION, that I just had to post!
I received advance review trade paperbacks yesterday, and they look GREAT! My Kindle and Nook electronic review copies are ready to go, and today I ordered some COOL PREMIUMS—refrigerator magnets, postcards, coffee mugs, and tee-shirts—for fun trivia giveaways.
RELEASE DATE: May 15, 2013
Release Party: May 15-31, 2013
I’d love for you to join the ongoing release party on Facebook. From May 15-31, I’ll be posting trivia questions from the book for chances to win prizes, so be sure to order your copy on the 15th and start reading! (Or, better yet, be an advance reviewer.)
There’s a Kindle Paperwhite in store for one lucky winner—join up and play to win!
(I’ve typed multiplied millions of words in my lifetime, but never these words.
There’s a first for everything, especially when you’re a writer!)
Subscribe to my email newsletter.
How You Can Help
- Opt in for my email newsletter.
- If you’re a book reviewer and want to review DEATH PERCEPTION for the May launch, I’d love to hear from you ASAP! Contact me after you read the details on DEATH PERCEPTION Available for Advance Review.
- Order your copy online on May 15 from Amazon or Barnes & Noble (electronic or paperback). (I’ll post all buying options with links on May 15.)
- Like this page, and subscribe to my blog. (The “Subscribe” field is at the top of the left panel on this page.)
- Follow me on Twitter @LeeAllenHoward and retweet my DEATH PERCEPTION tweets.
- Like my Facebook page, Lee Allen Howard, Author.
- Post the link to the release page (check back on May 15) on your Facebook account, email, Twitter, blog, website, restroom wall—anywhere and everywhere.
- Host me on your blog for my May–June blog tour. Contact me here.
About DEATH PERCEPTION
DEATH PERCEPTION is a supernatural crime story corrupt with horror yet preserved by a sprinkling of black humor.
Nineteen-year-old Kennet Singleton lives with his invalid mother in a personal care facility, but he wants out. He operates the crematory at the local funeral home, where he discovers he can discern the cause of death of those he cremates—by toasting marshmallows over their ashes.
He thinks his ability is no big deal since his customers are already dead. But when his perception differs from what’s on the death certificate, he finds himself in the midst of murderers. To save the residents and avenge the dead, he must bring the killers to justice.
Take a peek at chapter 1 of DEATH PERCEPTION in PDF. Enjoy, and thanks for helping me spread the word!
Praise for DEATH PERCEPTION
“Dastardly devious, cleverly conceived, and just a whole lot of fun to read, Death Perception is Lee Allen Howard on fire and at his finest. Rife with winsome weirdness, it’s like the mutant stepchild of Carl Hiaasen and Stephen King, mixing a truly unique paranormal coming-of-age story with a quirky cast of offbeat noir characters into a novel that’s simply unforgettable… and hilariously original. A supernatural crime story, blazing with creative intrigue… don’t miss it.”
—Michael Arnzen, author of Play Dead
“Lee Allen Howard’s Death Perception is a red hot union of Gothic crime thriller and grim humor that burns with supernatural tension. Beneath the sickly sweet scent of caramelized sugar lies the wildly entertaining tale of a man who delivers justice to the dead while fanning the fires of the living. Ever hear the expression, ‘laughing in a morgue’? Death Perception feels just like that. Howard has a gift for crafting eccentric characters and clever plots. This is dark fun at its best.”
—Jason Jack Miller, author of The Devil and Preston Black and Hellbender
“Death Perception has officially made me envious of Lee Allen Howard. It sings like a choir of angels, while weeping like a ghost in winter. Everyone should have this in their collection.”
—Trent Zelazny, author of To Sleep Gently and Butterfly Potion
Subscribe to my email newsletter.
Comments to this post